Given that we all know how healthy apples are and that many consider them the healthiest fruit, it is no wonder that apple cider vinegar has powerful healing properties. Plus, it’s cheap and really accessible to everyone!
How to choose apple vinegar?
What is important to emphasize is that only natural apple cider vinegar has healing properties, so you need to be careful which one you buy. Preferably it should be organic, raw and unfiltered (it should be cloudy, not clear) because it contains living substances and enzymes, it is best if it has 5% acetic acid. You can get it in all health food stores, and its price is around 3 euros per liter of vinegar.
Because only apples that have not been treated and sprayed can be medicinal. Apple cider vinegar is rich in minerals such as potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, and it also contains valuable B vitamins, vitamin C, E and A, bioflavonoids and pectin.
Apple vinegar benefits
Of the hundreds of different applications, I will list only a few, the most popular ones, and after a few days of using apple cider vinegar, you will surely notice the changes!
– Apple cider vinegar is often used for weight loss and appetite suppression, because it lowers the glycemic index of foods, stimulates digestion, lowers sugar, so it is also great for diabetes.
– Reduces cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and is great for the entire circulatory system, especially in combination with honey
– Alkalizes the body and equalizes the pH (although it tastes sour) and stimulates the excretion of fluid, and is also great for bones and joints and helps with arthritis
– Apple cider vinegar is also great for detoxifying the body because it cleanses the liver and other organs of toxins and thus gives energy and strengthens the immune system.
– Helps to control Candida because it is formed by the fermentation process and allows the growth of good bacteria in the intestines that eliminate all bad substances from the body
– It is great for all digestive problems including heartburn and is especially good for better digestion, against bloating and cramps
– It can help prevent osteoporosis because by taking apple cider vinegar calcium from food is better absorbed and thus protects bones
– Slows down aging and maintains the youthful appearance of the skin due to its high content of antioxidants and probably also because it makes the body alkaline
– Helps with sinus congestion and sore throat, so it acts as a first aid at the initial signs of a cold
There are really many reasons to include apple cider vinegar in everyday use. What is important to emphasize is that you should not take it undiluted as it is quite strong for the mucosa. The only problem is that it is not tasty! It is usually taken with plain water, 2 teaspoons of vinegar per glass of water, and if you want to improve the taste, add a teaspoon of honey. You can also add lemon or grapefruit juice (for extra detox), ginger powder (for immunity) or turmeric (anti-inflammatory), and if you don’t use honey or want to avoid sugars, you can put stevia. In case you do not like taking apple cider vinegar in the morning, you can freely consume it before going to bed because it promotes good sleep!